Travel advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- All Routes Status - View details
- Cancelled Sailings - Northern Adventure - Prince Rupert - Skidegate - April 24-29, 2022 - View details
- Temporary Langdale Terminal Berth Closure for Maintenance April 25 - 28, 2022 - View details
- Alternate Service - Northern Sea Wolf Refit - April 4 - May 18, 2022 - View details
- Service Adjustments - Horseshoe Bay - Departure Bay, Horseshoe Bay - Langdale & Earls Cove to Saltery Bay - January 28 - June 22 2022 - View details
- Parkade Closure - Horseshoe Bay Terminal - View details
Important: All animals (except guide, service or emotional support dogs) must remain in your vehicle or in a designated Pet Area. For more information about travelling with a guide, service or emotional support dog, visit our accessibility page.
Onboard Pet Areas
To help you and your pet feel comfortable and at home, Pet Areas on board are equipped with:
- Garbage bins
- Kennels (available in select Pet Areas)
- Waste bags
Top travel tips for pet owners
The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association–Society of British Columbia Veterinarians has some great tips to make your pets as comfortable as possible on board:
- Give your pet some exercise before boarding the ferry
- Keep your pet hydrated with enough water, especially on hot days
- Bring your pet’s favourite blanket or toy
- Bring your own padlock if you wish to use our onboard kennels
- Keep dogs on a leash and under your care when outside your vehicle
- Clean up after your pet to help us ensure a clean environment for everyone on board
- Ensure all vaccinations are up to date and your pets are in good health
- Bring cats, ferrets and other small animals on board in a carrying case
More pet travelling tips
- For easy access to the onboard Pet Area, you and your pet will board the ferry via the vehicle deck before vehicles are loaded
- If you arrive after vehicles have started loading, please wait until a crew member signals for you to board on the loading ramp
- For everyone’s safety, including your pet’s, we do not permit walk-on passengers and vehicles to board at the same time
- When it’s time to get off the ferry, you will hear an announcement for passengers to return to their vehicles. Please make your way to the disembarkation area (often on the lower vehicle deck). Once the ferry is secured, a crew member will direct you to walk off the vessel with your pet before vehicles unload.
- Remove your pet’s leash so it doesn’t tangle
- Routinely check on your pets to make sure they are comfortable and calm
- Check that the kennel door is securely closed and locked with your own padlock before you leave
- Return to the Pet Area once you hear the onboard announcement that the ferry is nearing the terminal
- Please clean up any waste from your pet after using the kennels
Driving on board
What you need to know about travelling on our ferries with a vehicle.
See what goods are classified as dangerous, and learn how to declare them before you travel.
Credit: Brian Jackson
Take advantage of our secure check-in baggage services - available for foot passengers on select routes.